Mission:To safeguard business and community through:
- Education on violence and harassment as it affects the workplace
- Advocacy for those experiencing abuse
- Social responsibility by contributing to the protection and safety of survivors of abuse
- Empowerment of individuals through knowledge and resources
To shape corporate culture where harmonious relationships lead to a holistically healthy workforce which maximizes productivity and minimizes turn-over, Harmony Training & Development will work with organizations that recognize and support their employees as their greatest asset.
Workplace harmony and efficiency is achieved through training of management and staff on:
- How physical, sexual and domestic violence affects the workplace and procedures to mitigate risk.
- How bullying and harassment undermines productivity and leads to increased employee turn-over and under-performance.
- Healthy communication and effective conflict resolution strategies.
At Harmony Training & Development we embrace Corporate Social Responsibility: the concept that corporately and individually we have a continuing commitment to enhancing environment and quality of life for our workforce, their families and the community at large.
In 2017 the Alberta Council of Women’s Shelters reported that almost 10 thousand women and children were supported in Alberta through shelters. That same year however, over 22 thousand were turned away. In an effort to reduce this number by providing more safety options, a percentage of all revenues goes towards domestic violence prevention initiatives.