Mission:To safeguard business and community through:
- Education on domestic violence and harassment as it affects the workplace
- Advocacy for those experiencing abuse
- Social responsibility by contributing to the protection and safety of survivors
- Empowerment of individuals through knowledge and resources
To shape corporate culture where harmonious relationships lead to a holistically healthy workforce which maximizes productivity and minimizes turn-over, Harmony Training & Development will work with organizations that recognise and support their employees as their greatest asset.
Workplace harmony and efficiency is achieved through training of management and staff on:
- How domestic violence affects the workplace and procedures to mitigate risk.
- How bullying and harassment undermines productivity and leads to increased employee turn-over and underperformance.
- Healthy communication and effective conflict resolution strategies.
At Harmony Training & Development we embrace Corporate Social Responsibility: the concept that corporately and individually we have a continuing commitment to enhancing environment and quality of life for our workforce, their families and the community at large.
In fiscal year 2014-2015 the Alberta Council of Women’s Shelters reported that 9073 women and 9548 children were turned away from shelters and safe houses in Alberta alone. In an effort to reduce this number by providing more safety options, a percentage of all revenues goes towards domestic violence prevention initiatives.
“To whom much is given, much is expected.”
Ian Hill, Philanthropist